Workshops are designed for companies interested in deciding whether the shorter workweek could work for them, and for companies planning to implement a trial.
Building on the method he outlines in his new book SHORTER, and his interviews with leaders and employees at companies around the world that have successfully transitioned to a shorter workweek, Alex offers a one- or two-day workshop that helps companies prepare for a trial 4-day workweek or 6-hour workday.
In these workshops groups explore the different kinds of shorter hours, including 5-hour workdays, to staggered shifts, to “Free Fridays,” to understand how companies are redesigning their workdays, and what could work for you.
We then run through a series of exercises intended to
- Identify a toolkit of new practices
- Review what other companies have done
- Specify desired outcomes and KPIs
- Model worst-case scenarios and solutions
- Begin conversation around organizing working groups and other decision-makers to lead trials
The objective of these workshops is to
- Come away better informed about the opportunities and risks of shortening the workweek
- Have a deeper knowledge of how other companies have done it, and how you can apply their lessons to inform your efforts
- Have a better understanding across the organization of the benefits and risks of shorter workweeks, and how individuals can contribute to the effort
- A readiness to move forward with planning and the trial phase
Workshops are offered in partnership with the BrightSight Speakers (email@example.com or 609-924-3060). See my profile page for more information.